Friday, March 11, 2011

TGIF

It's finally the end of a VERY long week, and I'm exhausted.  I really hate that my third post is of the "I didn't feel like cooking tonight" variety, but it is what it is.  Sometimes, however, not wanting to cook turns out to be something wonderful, like tonight.

I was really excited the other day when I discovered that the grocery store closest to me finally started to carry pancetta.  Knowing I had that on hand, but hitting a mental block when it came to dinner tonight, I googled "pancetta recipes" for inspiration and something easy to make.  I came across a "PLT (Pancetta, Lettuce, and Tomato)" recipe by Michael Chiarello, and wondered why I didn't think of it myself.

Here's my take on it, served with chips and a pickle, of course (they didn't make the picture):



In my version, I used sourdough bread, mozzarella and cheddar cheese, and cooked it on my indoor grill.  Once the cheese melted and the bread toasted, I put in Roma tomatoes, baby spinach, and sliced green onions.  Talk about HEAVEN!!!!  The cool, crisp vegetables with the melted cheese and crispy, salty pancetta was amazing.  My only regret?!  Only eating one sandwich.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. my goodness, this looks great - thanks for the recipe you sent for the quiche. I'm going to give it a try this week.

    ReplyDelete